He adds: "We approve the accounts of users who belong to the field of music, acting, fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism, media, sports, business and other areas of interest key".
To apply you must complete a form with the following information:
- A verified phone number.
- A confirmed email address.
- A profile picture.
- The birthday (in the case of non-related companies, brands or organizations accounts).
- A website.
- Tweets established as public in the privacy settings of the tweets.
Here are some common characteristics of audited accounts:
- If you belong to a person, the name of the account must be the actual name or stage name of the person.
- If it is a corporate or business account, the name must be the actual name of the company.
- Profile picture header or should represent the person, the corporate brand or company brand.
- If it is a corporate or business account, the email address associated with the account must belong to the company or corporation.
When present a request for verification of an account, Twitter will ask you additional information. Here are some tips to consider:
- Question why you want to verify the account. If the account represents a person, you want to understand the influence that the person has in his field. If you represent a corporation or company, you want to know what their mission.
- If you include URLs to support your application, Twitter says you choose sites that help demonstrate newsworthiness or the relevance of the account holder in its field.
- You might ask you to upload a legible scanned copy of your official ID issued by the government (can be your passport or driver's license) as proof of your identity.